How do I get my property damage claim handled?

Call YOUR insurance carrier first.  They will handle this portion of the claim for you, even if the accident was caused by the other person.  They will ask that person’s carrier to pay them back.  If you don’t have coverage, and the accident was caused by the other party, then call the insurance contact number provided to you by the other person, usually their insurance agent, and report the claim.  Take or have your car towed to a repair shop and get an estimate.  Get documentation of anything that was over and above the ordinary stock items that were damaged such as stereo systems, wheels, and nice rims, and submit that to the insurance carrier.  Ask for a rental car, and see how many days that you can charge under the policy.  Ask to be reimbursed for towing charges.