Houston Personal Injury Lawyer who is a Top Rated Texas Super Lawyer
Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Joe Stephens is nationally recognized for his court room victories, and for his high-quality legal representation that has earned hundreds of personal injury clients large and deserving settlements for the harm caused to them in personal injury accident cases. He has developed this site to answer questions and to help you choose the best accident attorney for your case. This site is NOT an electronic legal brochure, so please take a few moments to educate yourself on common questions most folks have about their claim. Look at his personalized educational videos, the news stories about his court victories, or if you choose to request one of his books he has authored on Amazon, you can obtain them for free by asking us in the form below or calling our office. This website is loaded with helpful advice to help you, or if you want, you can get in touch with Joe or his secretary Stefanie right away by email or phone.
What will Joe do for you if you choose to call or hire him:
1. Give you a FREE CONSULT to answer your questions. No obligation, no strings attached;
2. Review your information, and documents, and help sort out all the questions about insurance coverage;
3. Provide helpful counsel and advice during this stressful time;
4. Handle all the stress, calls, and questions from the insurance companies, and bill collectors who are pestering you;
5. Help you get quality medical care, even if you don’t have insurance;
6. Get you repaid for your harms and losses such as lost wages, medical, pain, emotional harm, and impairment;
7. Investigate, and prove your case to the insurance company, and if necessary at trial.
Joe has handled the most complex and high profile cases in Houston. He has also handled the cases for the regular and common person who needs help on a simple claim, but cannot get the insurance company to be fair. Joe will guarantee you that he will not charge you a fee unless he recovers money for your claim. He will advance all expenses on the case, and will not ask you for a nickel, except out of the recovery. We guarantee that you will not owe a fee if we don’t get money for your case.
Joe Stephens is one of Houston’s most renowned personal injury trial attorneys and The Stephens Law Firm has been built with one focus in mind: Winning justice for injured Texans.
A Houston Personal Injury Lawyer with a Proven Track Record
- Joe is one of the only Houston personal injury lawyers who is double board certified. Board certification is the highest honor for knowledge and experience in an attorney’s chosen field. It is an achievement obtained by less than 1 percent of Texas lawyers. Joe has a National Board Certification in civil trial law competency and is also board certified in Personal Injury Law.
- He has three (3 ) decades of experience, trying over 100 cases and obtaining settlements in hundreds more. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has handled some of the most high-profile cases in the State of Texas. In 2011, his legal team won the historic $10.7 million pill mill jury verdict on behalf of a 54-year-old patient who died addicted to pain medication as the result of a back injury. This was the largest medical malpractice award for the State of Texas in 2011, and Mr. Stephens is now attempting to collect the award from the Defendants. In 2007, he obtained a $3.75 million verdict in a high-profile case against Clara Harris, who ran over her husband in her Mercedes after finding him with his mistress.
- He has received the highest honors from respected attorney-rating agencies, including Martindale-Hubbell’s AV rating for preeminent ethics and abilities and an AVVO superb rating of 10/10.
- Joe has been repeatedly selected as a Texas Super Lawyer and is the Houston accident attorney many other lawyers turn to when they need help taking complex personal injury and wrongful death cases to trial. He was chosen as a Texas Super Lawyer again for 2014.
What kinds of criteria does Joe use in deciding what cases to accept
Joe is a veteran attorney who has personally tried cases in many different areas. What he does is evaluate the fault of the company or person who hurt you, evaluate the harms and losses of his client, and if necessary hire the best experts to guide him in evaluating these inquireis. He then gains the knowledge after getting to know his client on how much is fair, and if the right amount is not offered, will try the case to a jury. It is that simple. Therefore, over 30 years he has earned millions of dollars for clients in trials and settlements in cases, including Houston trucking accidents, car accidents, dangerous products, constrution accidents, electrical and burn injury cases, as well as maritime disasters. As a Houston medical malpractice attorney, Joe has personally tried and settled birth injuries, hospital and medical errors, nursing home neglect and abuse and dangerous or defective medical products or pharmaceuticals.
The firm also handles some of the most complex Houston injury cases, including burn injuries, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, RSD injuries, and back and neck injuries. His representation of Texas construction accident victims includes oil and gas accidents, offshore and maritime accidents, and refinery accidents.